Search This Blog

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hanging from a WHAT?!

Ok so this is not going to be a long post, but I just wanted to update you all on the CRAZY experience I had yesterday.  15 of us decided to go REPELLING DOWN WATERFALLS!  Now you see, in theory this sounds easy.  However, when you are carrying a backpack and trying to do it....your gravity gets a bit thrown off to say the least.  So the first waterfall I repelled down I ended up hanging upside down from a rope for a good while.  The woman kept telling me GET UP, STAND UP, but it was not that simple.  The backpack had my balance sooooo thrown off, I just basically rolled down the rest of the waterfall.  Good thing there were 4 other waterfalls that I DID NOT keep the backpack on for!  I got a little scraped up and such but it was totally worth it.

It really was an absolute blast.  This took place on private property, so we were the only ones there.  The water flowing was SO clean and amazing.  We drank right out of the river and waterfall, and it was cleaner and better tasting than even the tap at home.  The waterfalls were pristine and the views were incredible!  We also went cliff jumping.  I only did the one that was about 20 feet, but it was still surreal.  We started on the top of the mountain about 3000 feet up, and just worked our way down.  It was an unbelievable experience.  I have only a few pictures right now, but the action pictures will be posted on Facebook in the next few days once our tour guide sends us the pictures he took so KEEP AN EYE OUT!

This week I start all my classes as well as my service.  I will post another update in a few days!




No comments:

Post a Comment