Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY!

Hey all!  Sorry it's been a while since I posted last.  It has been a busy week!  To sum it up:

-I finally began classes!  I am taking a Tourism Planning course, a Psychopathology course, a Visual History course, Theology of Forgiveness, and Leaders in Grassroots Organizations.  So far, the classes are going well!

-I started at my service site!  I am going to be at Saartjie Baartman, which is a center for women and children who are survivors of abuse.  While I am still getting adjusted, it looks like I will be doing some different activities with the children, as well as running different types of support groups and activities for the women.  Due to the nature of my site, I am bound by confidentiality and will not be able to post photos or stories.  I will, however, let you know what I personally am doing there!

-Last weekend I went to the V & A Waterfront, which is a VERY NICE area right on the bay!  There are stores, museums, food markets, arts and crafts exhibits, etc.  We went to the aquarium, took a tugboat ride, visited a Nelson Mandela art exhibit, and a few other things.  It was a really great day!

There have been a lot of emotions running through my head lately.  I have had some very interesting experiences, and have learned so much.  My next post will more than likely be a brief history/geography lesson for those of you that may not be so great at that (yes, I'm talking to you mom).  Keep your eye out for that!  In the meantime, here are a few photos from the last few weeks.  You can see more on my Facebook album here.






No comments:

Post a Comment